Friday, August 21, 2009

These are a few of Jack's favorite things!

Like most boys, Jack loves anything that goes. He loves cars, planes, busses, boats, trains, trucks, helicopters, and most importantly tractors. The kid not only likes tractors, but he can tell you the names of all the tractors. If we are driving down the street and I see a tractor, I will point it out to him and he will tell me that it is a backhoe, or bulldozer or excavator, scoop, hook, crane or whatever else it is. I don't even know the difference between them all but he knows and he loves them. So one Saturday in July we snuck onto Bryan's job site (well I guess it's not really sneaking when you have the key and are running the place.) However Bryan took Jack for his first tractor ride and he was thrilled. Actually at first he was a little timid by it all, but he relaxed and really enjoyed himself after Bryan beeped the horn a couple of times, he thought that was funny.







So of course Sadie got a turn as well and she had no problem immediately reaching for the gears and taking control. It's kind of funny to me their different personalities, but this event displayed them well.






After riding the tractor we went into Bry's work trailer and I'm not sure what the kids had more fun doing, riding the tractor or making a huge mess with Dad's water cooler. There was water all over the ground when we left. I was just glad that I'm not in charge of cleaning up after him on the job too.





One of Jack's other favorite things or person is his friend Madison. There are two years difference between the two of them but they have been good friends ever since we moved to Yakima when Jack was 6mo. and Maddy was 2 1/2. Now Jack is 3 and Maddy had her 5th birthday in July and they are still good friends despite the age difference. So here our some pics of the after party, when Jack finally had enough nerve to go up the slide without the fear of being trampled by 20 five year olds. Sadie and Sam (Maddy's brother) even came out for the after party and the kids had a blast. It looked so fun I even wanted to get in on the action but I'm sure there is some kind of weight limit that I didn't match.

































Don't worry, Sam was rescued before Sadie's rear end plowed into him in this last picture!

No comments: