Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sadie is "1"

Sadie celebrated her 1st birthday last weekend at her grandma and grandpa Mortensen's house. Naturally we gave her a little cake to dig into. She started off a little timid and gradually got more and more into it.

In the end, Grandpa was the only one willing to kiss her grubby hand. Then came the presents. She received a touch and feel book from aunt Lisa, a strawberry shortcake doll from grandma and grandpa, and a purple tu-tu from her parents.
Her brother was kind enough to help her open her gifts, and the final picture shows her saying "I'm 1" or maybe its, "I'm #1" either way, she knows how to point fingers!

8 comments:

Kacey said...

Wow! She has changed since Christmas. We don't get to see you guys nearly enough. I can't believe her hair is getting so long, and the curls! Too cute. Is she walking? Derek still isn't. He better hurry up, only 3 months til he's no longer the baby. I'm glad she had a good b-day. Have fun on round two with my parents soon. I would love to come too but we'll be in Canada.

simmons said...

Well it is about time.... It seems like forever since you have blogged! Sadie is super cutie. I can't believe how fast a year goes!

Amber said...

She is so adorable and chunky :) Glad that she has such a fun birthday!

heath said...

Love the purple tutu! Could you send me one for my birthday?

Doug and Kristi said...

WOW! She's grown up so much! Where did you get that tutu?! Every girl wishes she had a tutu like that...i'm jealous! Your kids are way too cute! I miss you!

Rischel said...

AMy,
What a doll she is!! She is a girl version of Jack.....SOOOOO cute!! Come and visit us please. We are finally in our new home, and would love to see you guys!!
Hope you are doing well.

Maggie said...

So cute Amy. She looks just like her brother!

heath said...

AMY!! THIS WAS LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO!! I NEED TO SEE MY NIECE AND NEPHEW!!