Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Festivities!

I think Fall is such a great time of year. Sure I miss the warm days and I'm already dreading the snow that I know is just around the corner. But I love all the colors on the trees, the pumpkin patch fun, and the ritual which makes being a parent all worth while... dressing your little kids in Halloween costumes! Life is so much fun when you get to relive all your childhood memories with your children. Actually I don't recall any memory of going to the pumpkin patch when I was a kid, but the other activities that surround Halloween, carving pumpkins, dressing up, and going trick-or-treating are still fresh in my mind. That's probably because I was still doing that when I was in college, but at least now I understand why all those people gave us "twenty somethings" dirty looks as we stood on there doorstep and shouted "trick-or-treat!"






I think Sadie won the cutest costume contest at our house this year. She was our little "SadieBug." Although Jack kept calling her "Spiderman." Jack donned the duck costume this year, however, we only got this one picture of him with his hood up because Bryans got a quick trigger finger, and it wasn't until after we came home that night and took his costume off that he decided now would be an ok time to put on his duck feet that his mother spent all afternoon crafting. Bryan came home from work, changed his clothes, put a big belt buckle on that I had from Oklahoma, and some moccasin slippers that he had as a teenager and called himself "cowboys and Indians."And as for me, I know that's not the best picture of a flapper girl, however don't you worry, I was feeling real good about myself that night as I was wearing a dress I wore when I was in high school and the only part that was a bit tight was in my chest! All and all, we had a great time just spending time together as a family.

9 comments:

simmons said...

You guys are too cute! I love the spider costume! So many fun activites to do this time of year, and it looks like you did them all! On to the next big holdiay! I just love this time of year!

Kacey said...

I'm impressed that you dress up. I wore a white shirt with a sparkly pumpkin that I got at Target a couple of years ago! Sadie was an adorable spider!

pops said...

What fun pictures! Sadie looks like she really enjoyed being a little "bug"

Amber said...

So cute! I love the SadieBug!! I really like her cute little shoes too :)
Glad to see you guys had a great Halloween. And yes, we have all ready re-used the dog ears and tail. We just couldn't help it and I was pretty lazy :)

Bev said...

Amy, I can't believe you have two kids now!! Congrats! What a beautiful family you have! (This is Bev from Cheney by the way)!

heath said...

Ha ha! I hope you didn't spend hours making those cute little duck feet! Spiderman! Spiderman! I love Jack!
And I'm with you, I LOVE the colors of fall, and pumpkin patch pictures are my favorite!
ADORABLE!

p.s. You might have to PG rate your blog now that you're talking about your chest size! AMY!
p.p.s. Props to Bryan for the original and witty costume idea. Bryan also makes me laugh.

Doug and Kristi said...

I am so proud of you for dressing up, Amy! It's true how we get to relive our childhood memories through our kids now. Half the time I think they could care less...but, I care! Cute costumes!

Black Family said...

Um when did you have time to do all the kids costumes and your own...I admire you! It was so good to read your comment. Your kids are too cute..and you look great as always...so glad we can keep in touch through these blogs....I love it!

Em said...

Thats so funny that you have a "SadieBug" too! My brother's Daughter is named Sadie and that's what his boys call her! Your Sadie is really cute!