Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Potty Time!

*WARNING this posting is rated at least PG for some nudity and toilet talk. Shield your children's eyes and ears!

We haven't official started potty training Jack, mostly because I don't think I'm ready. However we bought a little potty and checked out "Elmo's Potty Time" DVD from the library just to start introducing the subject. The DVD has a few catchy little tunes on it, however my child has developed a little potty mouth, literally, from watching it. I swear the kid knows like ten different words for going to the bathroom. I think the best was the other day when Bryan told Jack that he was going to go poop in the potty. Jack responded with, "It's Dukie!" Of course we did what any mature parents would do and we laughed. So now it seems to be Jacks favorite choice of words in reference to the bathroom. Which led to a couple days later when Jack was riding in the car with Bryan and was singing "I love to see the Temple." He got to the part where it says, "I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred duty." Only Jack sang, "I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred Dukie." The kid is funny, what more can I say?

4 comments:

Em said...

Corney as it is- Elmo's Potty Time was what got Eric potty trained! He loves that Movie and still asks to watch it everyonce in a while- but I lie and tell him it's broken! I'm so glad you found my blog...i always wonder how people from the mish are doing. You have cute kids too!

Rischel said...

AMy,
I am so glad you left a message on my blog. I didn't have yours on my list. I may not post on my blog but I love to see others pictures. Hope you are doing well!! Jack is still as cute as ever! Tell your family hello

Kacey said...

Dukie is our favorite word on that DVD as well. We must be as mature as you guys are!

heath said...

What in the world is Jack reading? It looks like the stock report or something. (although I bet he's not the first to do that!)

question- what was Jack looking at when he said the president was a dog?!