Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heaven on earth!


My father-in-law recently made a comment about someone not posting any spiritual things on their blog. He said he wasn't talking about our blog but I thought I'd post something of the spiritual nature for him anyway. That's right, this is my celestial cake! I found the recipe threw a friends blog (thanks Melissa) and knew that this would bring me true joy! So I decided to make it for our young women's fund raiser, a dinner and auction. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but their were quite a few people battling over it. These two families actually decided that they would share it so that they didn't have to compete against each other. It ended up selling for $25, which isn't a ton, but for our poor little ward, it is great.

6 comments:

Jenafer Lowe said...

That DEFINATELY looks like something we would have enjoyed a day or two as missionaries. Are you going to share the recipe with your favorite Hermana?

Kacey said...

You better send that recipe this way. Or better yet, we could make it together next time you come!

Mel said...

Ooo, that turned out great. Honestly, I like to help where I can! :)

amy said...

The recipe can be found on parents.com, just look up peanut butter fudge cake.

simmons said...

That cake was made for you. Whenever I see peanut butter eggs (especially at Easter) I will think of you! I don't think I can count how many of those we ate~ Yicks! Thank goodness for the hot Texas sun or I think we would have weighed 300 pounds!

heath said...

What are you trying to do to yourself?!?! That looks like a definite one-way ticket to the hereafter!! ha ha! Just kidding, considering peanut butter cups are also my favorite, I better not even get that recipe from you.
Loves!