Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Splash Park Fun? Or Fungus?

Last week on the way home from the store I decided to make an impromptu stop at a splash park. Because it was impromptu, we didn't have our swimsuits so I took the kids shirts off and let them run around in their shorts. Quickly their shorts were so wet that they were falling off of them so I just took them off. And yes, my children were the ones running around in their diapers that had absorbed so much water that they weighed a ton, ghetto fantastic, I know! However the "white trashness" (yes, that's a word) doesn't stop there. After pretending for a while like he was enjoying the surprise water shooting up from the ground and splashing him in the face, Jack discovered a large puddle off to the side, with standing water that had probably been there a couple of days and was so dirty that mosquito eggs were probably growing in it. He began playing and splashing around in the filth and disease infested water and Sadie quickly followed. I decided it was finally time to go home when Sadie ate a soggy ritz cracker floating in the puddle and started slurping up the murky water. Doesn't anyone feed this kid? Who's watching these kids anyway?

2 comments:

Maggie said...

You make me laugh. I am glad my kids aren't the only ones looking like orphans sometimes when we're out and about!

Black Family said...

I love how you used ghetto fantastic! LOL! Um hello! of course you could come to the bogart reunion! Those were fun times huh. I miss everyone....we need to really have a Havana reunion....is that silly?