Thursday, August 20, 2009

July Catch-Up



So it is time to catch up on the fun we have been having this summer going all the way back to July. July 4th was pretty low-key for us but I did put the kids in cordinating outfits for the occasion. Kind of corny but I thought they looked super cute! Then mid-July we went camping at Porcupine Bay. It was too short of a trip but so much fun. The weather was perfect, the water was perfect and the company was perfect too! The crew for the event consisted of my dad and mom,










My sister Lisa
Bryan's brother Jordan and his new little wife Kailee (I'm pretty sure I spelt her name wrong, sorry!)
Bryan getting a "fresh water enema" with his brillant idea to ride "bum back" on the surf board.
or his even more brillant idea to ski using the 10ft surfing rope (no, that is not a woman's bathing suit he is wearing, just a little wedgie action.) I have to admit though, it was quite humorus to watch!
Then we have the little ones, Jack and Sadie.
I promise they were having fun, really.
And me, I was there too. Even though this is the only picture of me from the entire weekend. Well this one and one of my bum that Bryan took. I realize that I am always the one taking the pics so there are no awesome pics of me and my rad surfing skills. I guess you'll just have to take my word on it.
And the final pic from the weekend, this one is my favorite, was Sadie stealing kisses from her Grandma!
So after our fun in the sun we had to hurry back to Spokane so we could deliver the new bride and groom to their wedding reception. We got there with just enough time to get all gussied up and enjoy some cake, punch, and getting caught up with old friends. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins and the trampoline most of the night.

Don't worry, we gave Jack a haircut the following week when we got home!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I recognize those life jackets. Those are the same ones our little ones spend all summer in. Your family always takes the funnest vacations--I remember when I went to Flaming Gorge with you and had a blast. So do you guys do that wake surfing thingy? Our boat won't work for it, so we just wake board, but we've watched a lot of boats out doing it and it is really neat!

pops said...

I love the pictures, commentary and the memories. What fun to see and hear of your fun events. I love you all!!! Dad

heath said...

You kids look adorable! But am I really understanding that you were with the new bride and groom? Like Porcupine Bay was their honeymoon or somethin'?